I had the pleasure of sitting down with my good friend Parker Lewis earlier this evening to discuss the ongoing deleveraging event in bitcoin and the broader "crypto" markets as well as the state of the broader macroeconomic landscape. I highly recommend you freaks take the time to listen to our discussion because I don't think there is anyone in the world who can explain what is going on more clearly than Parker can.
The lessons learned in this rip include, but are not limited to:
- The dollar is the gorilla in the room
- Bitcoin is the only true competitor to the dollar, but it is relatively minuscule at 13-years old
- People applying dollar driven credit models to bitcoin products misunderstand bitcoin
- There is no lender of last resort in bitcoin
- Bitcoin provides us with native properties that can be leveraged to build new and unique models when it comes to custody and lending
- The market provides the best lessons
- The Fed is screwed, there are not enough dollars to service dollar-denominated debt
- Hyperinflation arises when the market can not properly respond to pricing signals, particularly on the supply side
If you're looking to get a better understanding of why the bitcoin price has been crashing, why desperately needed commodities aren't being produced, and how you can prepare yourself to properly protect your wealth via bitcoin this is the rip for you.
Things look dire and turbulent times are certainly ahead, but the tools we need to escape this madness are at our fingertips at this very moment. What is needed most is proper education. Parker provides a semester's worth of education in this 92-minute conversation. Enjoy it. Share it. ENGAGE.
Fix the money, fix the world.
Aaron Russo interviews. Watch them.