Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
If you see Satoshi in the road shoot him.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
Those advocating for more "DEX" usage to reduce the risk of exchange hacks should take note of the fact that the $20M worth of tether that was stolen has been frozen by the centralized third party that runs USDT. So called "decentralized" exchanges often still have third party risk it is just hidden from the user.
- Bitcoin Optech #116
- Lightning node firewall circuitbreaker
- KuCoin exchange hacked
- Iran power plants making mining moves
- Timeline of bitmain power struggle
- Bisq v1.3.9
- BlueWallet v5.5.9
- Tails v4.11
- nix-bitcoin v0.0.17
- Dojo v1.8.0
- RoninDojo v1.7.0
- Sparrow Wallet v0.9.4
- Specter v0.8.0
- Smartcard support for Specter DIY HWW
- New development funding bounty tool added to BitcoinACKS.com
- Woleet: bitcoin based Docusign competitor
- Square Crypto launches a proper portal for their development funding
- Namecheap adds btcpay server!
- Unchained Capital adds advanced multisig business accounts
- Russian gov wants full wallet disclosures
- Venezuelan government to require use of national mining pool
- FinCen Files leak
- Over 170 arrests and over $6.5M seized in global DOJ lead operation against dark markets
- whirlpool fee calculator and portal for his other links by bitcoinqna
- Umbrel wallet support using QR codes
Christopher Gimmer + Marc Chouinard
- Bootstrapping v. Raising funds from VCs
- Building many businesses and failing
- The decision to add Bitcoin to Snappa's balance sheet
- Why it's easier to move cash to Bitcoin as a small biz v. publicly traded companies
- Small business self-custody via multisig
- Asking, "What is money?"
- Canada's inflated real estate market
- Bullish sentiment
- Bitcoin education
- Q2 2020 Global Monetary Base update
- Defining Base Monies
- Where Bitcoin stands as a base money
- Current growth rate of base monies
- Claims on base monies
- Claims on bitcoin
- Proof of Reserves
- History of Communism in the 20th century
- How people rioting in the US are misguided
- What's going on in Belarus right now (podcast link)
Wringing Of The Rag
- Monday - Issue #828: Two-tiered justice. Nothing new.
- Tuesday - Issue #829: Problem identified. Solution proposed.
- Wednesday - Issue #830: Disruption beyond money and tech
- Thursday - Issue #831: Externalities matter
- Friday - Issue #832: FATF "Red Flags"