Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
It's the 12th anniversary of the Bitcoin Whitepaper being introduced to the world and 503rd anniversary of Martin Luther nailing his 95 Theses to a church door. Both documents changed the course of history forever. Luther's 95 Theses were enabled by the printing press and Satoshi's whitepaper was enabled by the Internet and private/public key encryption. These technologies shift the leverage of power back towards the individual and away from the Church/State. We are lucky to be alive at this point in time.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
Talk is cheap.
Letting the 24/7 news cycle of outrage and fear influence your day to day decisions is a disservice to yourself and those you care about.
- Bitcoin Optech #121
- First monthly nodl call
- Travel rule proposal open to public comments
- Statechain based privacy wallet
- JoinMarket status update
- Marathon announces purchase of 10k AntMiner S-19 Pros
- New round of Ledger user phishing attempts
- Anthony Towns on Taproot activation
- Largest bank in Singapore to launch bitcoin exchange
- JoinMarket v0.7.2
- JoininBox v0.1.13
- BTCPay Server v188.8.131.52
- Lightning Terminal v0.2.0
- Fully Noded Desktop v0.1.96
- Atomic finance launches DLC based bitcoin betting tool
- BlockFi discloses 5% position in GBTC
- Sounds like the NSA is still putting insecure backdoors into our favorite products
- River adds hardware wallet account
- Kucoin hacked bitcoin going through ChipMixer
- Iranian government announces intention to use bitcoin to circumvent import sanctions
- Third largest bank in Russia launches bitcoin product
- ReasonTV documentary series "Cypherpunks Write Code"
- Personal Finance
- When you should start saving
- How much you should be saving
- How you should be paying down debt
- When can you buy bitcoin?
- Should you speculative attack your debt?
- Keeping tabs of your finances
Wringing of the Rag
- Monday - Issue #853: A statechain implementation in the wild
- Tuesday - Issue #854: Miners unplug, a Singapore bank opens an on ramp, and more gold is discovered
- Wednesday - Issue #855: Bitcoin: a market response to the inflation tax
- Thursday - Issue #856: The Iranian Central Bank may start accumulating bitcoins
- Friday - Issue #857: Bitcoin and the Fourth Turning