Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
Back up your seed phrases and protect them well.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
Rumors of bitcoin self custody restrictions from the US Gov continue to percolate throughout the industry. Bitcoin held on exchanges or with other custodians can be taken from you. Regulated onramps may be cut off. Prepare yourself for worst case scenarios.
- Bitcoin Optech #125
- Coldcard testnet attack
- If you do not use testnet then you are not vulnerable.
- John Newbery and Mike Schmidt launch new bitcoin development initiative
- Chainalysis raising $100M at $1B valuation
- Microstrategy exploring bitcoin "data products"
- Gold funds falling while bitcoin pumps
- U.S. Treasury May Crack Down on Bitcoin Self-Custody
- Bisq v1.5.0
- Bitcoin Wallet Tracker v0.2.0
- JoinMarket v0.8.0
- BTCPayServer v126.96.36.199
- Autoloop lightning liquidity
- PTLC Proof of Concept from Suredbits
- Leo Zhang's The Intelligent Bitcoin Miner
- It’s Time To Join The Bitcoin Circular Economy
- Origins of podcasting
- Podcasting 2.0
- Value for Value
- Sphinx chat
- Streaming payments
- Automatic royalties/distributions
- Self censorship and advertising
- Open publishing and distributed money make sense together
- Distrust in media