Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
People are sleeping on the Lightning Network. I like this.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
BlockFi was hacked last week. An attacker SIM swapped one of their employees giving them access to names, email addresses, dates of birth, physical addresses, and activity history (presumably bitcoin balances and addresses) of an undisclosed number of BlockFi customers. Users are now at an increased risk of theft and extortion. Customers should consider using coinjoin to make it more difficult for the attacker to actively track bitcoin balances and future transactions going forward. Unfortunately there is very little that users can do to mitigate the other information that has been taken. Bitcoiners should try to limit the amount of KYC services they use and only use those that they trust intimately. When it comes to custodial privacy, users should choose their custodians very carefully. Your private information is valuable, start acting like it.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SIM SWAPS: Try to login to all of your important accounts with just your phone number. Click the "I forgot my password" prompts etc. If you can get in then so can an attacker who SIM swaps you.
- Bitcoin Optech #98
- Laser Fault Injection attack on Coldcard MK2
- Ledger disclosure
- Coldcard disclosure
- BlockFi hacked, user personal info taken
- May whirlpool coinjoin volume passed March volume
- Cobra claims he will pass on control of bitcoin.org by end of the year
- Caravan Multisig adds HD wallet support
- Crystal surveillance releases darknet usage report
- Blockstream Green now on Desktop
- Citadel21 bitcoin zine volume 2
- Apple and google release updates adding coronavirus people tracking capability
- CCP increases pressure on Hong Kongers
- Twitter adds "safe space feature"
- Abusing WebRTC to Reveal Coarse Location Data in Signal
- Bitcoin and Zero
- How the Church lost power
- Why Central Banks are unnatural
- Bitcoin + energy efficiency
- Thinking from first principles
- Human freedom
Wringing Of The Rag
- Monday - Issue #740: No one man should have all that power
- Tuesday - Issue #741: Reminder: KYC laws do more harm than good
- Wednesday - Issue # 742: Old coins on the move
- Thursday - Issue #743: Post-Halving Dynamics
- Friday - Issue #744: Hong Kong update