Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
We really do live in the most interesting of times.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
There is a global pandemic and markets around the world are in turmoil. In the short term you should expect heavy volatility in the bitcoin markets as a result. It appears that cascading margin calls of leveraged positions on exchanges and bitcoin collateralized loans exacerbated the price collapse on Thursday. This is why it's important to stay humble, in times of crisis leverage can easily burn you. I still expect bitcoin to outperform other assets as this crisis develops - the fundamentals haven't changed - it is simply better money.
As for the virus, be kind but not naive, we will get through this together and be stronger for it.
P.S. There is no shame in being hyped for the first VR Socratic Seminar about bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Optech #88
- Bitcoin Core v0.19.1 released
- Payjoin support should be added to btcpay soon
- OXT Research PlusToken Report Issue 2
- MKR/DAI liquidation crisis
- Samourai Wallet Whirlpool hits new monthly ATH
- Bitcoin Core developer reworks the network's rebroadcast logic
- Tails OS v4.4 released
- Australian Taxation Office to target cryptocurrency investors with audit warnings
- Bitcoin Core devs take the stage at MIT to discuss Taproot
- Lightning Loop VR presentation today at 6pm UTC / 2pm ET / 11am PT and VR Socratic Seminar on tuesday at 6pm UTC.
- Recent market chaos
- The Fed's response up to this point and what they may do moving forward
- The need for a strong fiscal response in conjunction with Fed policy
- The dangers of centralizing our supply chain in China
- Russia's move in oil markets over the weekend
- Why George started his YouTube channel
- The Oil Wars
- Was Russia's move over the weekend a kill shot directed at the US
- Corporate Debt
- Junk bonds
- The Fed's reaction to recent market movements
- Fed policy and the erosion of the Nuclear family
- Sounds money standards of the past
- George's thoughts on Gold v. Bitcoin
Wringing Of The Rag
- Monday - Issue #690: What a weekend that was...
- Tuesday - Issue #691: shallow safety v. deep safety
- Wednesday - Issue #692: I can't believe we're doing this again
- Thursday - Issue #693: The Everything Bubble Has Popped
- Friday - Issue #694: Are we under attack?