Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
Those in the mining industry who are able to execute and take advantage of the great mining exodus out of China will come to dominate over the next decade.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
Bitcoin is a marathon, not a sprint.
The overwhelming majority of people who try to trade bitcoin get rekt eventually. I have no idea where the bitcoin price will go short term so I simply stay humble and stack.
- Bitcoin Optech #153
- Taproot upgrade has locked in, activation expected in november
- Criminals mailing ledger customers compromised hardware wallets
- US Bitcoin Mining Council formally launches
- NY Electricians' union successfully fights bitcoin mining ban
- G7 leaders say ransomware is a priority
- Ukrainian raids arrest six tied to CLOP ransomware
- Biden and Putin meet for four hours with US threatening "cyber response" to ransomware
- US Dems form "cryptocurrency working group"
- Microstrategy keeps buying bitcoin
- Microstrategy considering stock sale
- Swiss broker Relai raises $2.7M
- FastBitcoins now available in Australia
- Russell Okung's letter to the Nigerian government as local support for bitcoin increases
- Bitcoin Beach article in business week
- New guide from econoalchemist on coldcard + sparrow
- Building a VPN that leverages Lightning Network routing nodes
- Data transfer and user privacy on the Internet
- Building an API that allows individuals to build privacy preserving apps that leverage Lightning
- The second iteration of the Internet
- Node management
Wringing of the Rag
- Monday - Issue #1012: Layer 3 begins to bud
- Tuesday - Issue #1013: Taproot, inflation, and adoption
- Wednesday - Issue #1014: Political risk in the wild
- Thursday - Issue #1015: The noise is only going to get louder. Put your blinders on.
- Friday - Issue #1016: Capital misallocation is leading to dangerous externalities