Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
The divide and conquer technique is being taken to a whole new level with the vaccine fear mongering.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
The rules of bitcoin are extremely hard to change. Anyone can access the network directly without a trusted third party. Owning more bitcoin does not give you more control over the network so all participants are on equal footing. This is why bitcoin has value.
The protocol must be hard to change with distributed control among many different types of stakeholders who value and defend it. This aspect of bitcoin is extremely difficult to replicate. Fixed supply and censorship resistance cannot be maintained without it.
- Bitcoin Optech #158
- Brink's second round of developer grants
- Seed signer v0.4.2
- Specter desktop v1.5.0
- Samourai dojo v1.10.1
- Eclair v0.6.1
- Electrum v4.1.5
- lnd v0.13.1-beta
- Blockstream green desktop v0.1.10
- Greenlight by blockstream
- Multisig with better privacy
- "The B Word"
- EU preparing to implement travel rule
- NSO spyware
- Critical cloudflare flaw left 12.5% of all sites compromised
Wringing of the Rag
- Monday - Issue #1036: The attempts to inject the Travel Rule into the protocol level have begun
- Tuesday - Issue #1037: A Chaumian Mint prototype emerges
- Wednesday - Issue #1038: It's a beautiful thing
- Thursday - Issue #1039: They're coming for your wallets
- Friday - Issue #1040: The divide and conquer strategy is very strong right now