Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
People severely misunderstand just how early in the game we are with Bitcoin.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
"I am using _____ exchange now because they give me more 'interest' on my deposits than if I stake myself and it's so easy to use."
Exchanges have a direct incentive to promote PoS since many users will choose to stake through exchanges bringing them more influence and revenue. PoS chains will naturally centralize validation among exchanges, ETFs, and other custodians resulting in chains secured by the easiest companies to regulate.
You can't blame the users or the exchanges - both parties are acting in their own best interests - blame the flawed incentives of the protocols in question.
- Bitcoin Optech Newsletter #79
- Final week of the taproot review
- Discussion of coinjoin mixing without equal value inputs or outputs
- Proposal to encode output script descriptors in end-user interfaces
- Samourai Whirlpool CLI 0.10.2 released
- Clark Moody adds sats per dollar and lightning Tor stats to his dashboard
- Zeus beta2 released, c-lightning support and iOS
- Polar v0.2.0 released, c-lightning support added
- RTL releases a major UX upgrade
- lnd v0.9.0-beta-rc1 released with multi-path payment support
- South Korean government considers adding bitcoin product to national exchange
- Neil Woodfine on how to keep bitcoin running in offline environments: video, slides, & thread
- Kraken releases yearly government request transparency report
- Cloud extraction report by privacy international
- Russian state energy company courting bitcoin mining ops
- Elaine makes the case for censorship resistant money
- Video of gold accumulation over the last 20 years side by side with bitcoin market cap
- Debrief creative video by @CreativeLandRun mentions Marty
- Jeff's essay on Post-Capitalism
- Social Democracy