Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
Imagine being an adult today, seeing all of the rapid change that has happened in your lifetime, and writing Bitcoin off based on mainstream media coverage. You really hate to see it.
Also, the Lightning Network is going to trigger a bunch of people as well as a massive amount of innovation this decade. The haters are going to be even more irate.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
I hate KYC but understand it is required for compliance. I personally try to avoid services that require KYC as much as possible but appreciate that more options for bitcoiners in general is a net benefit. That said, I take issue with lack of transparent policy. Users should be able to make an informed decision without funds held hostage when they try to withdraw.
Please practice responsible stacking. They aren't really your sats until you withdraw them to your own wallet(s). Bitcoin held on exchanges and custodial wallets can be lost without warning. Not your keys, not your coins.
- Bitcoin Optech #83
- Proof Wallet tool released by @hodlwave
- Eclair v0.3.3
- BTCPay Server v188.8.131.52
- Blockstream Green v3.3.3
- BitMex Research estimates private channels are 12% of total capacity
- Samourai Whirlpool usage hits monthly all time high
- Lolli requiring some users to link bank account to withdraw bitcoin
- Lightning Labs raises $10M Series A
- ColdCard teases new HSM mode
- Sim Swap Prevention
- ShiftCrypto new tamper evident packaging
- Zoomers fighting back against Instagram tracking
- Over 1800 reachable Bitcoin nodes are running through Tor
- US Professors working for China?
- ZeroHedge Twitter ban
- A little bit of Bitcoin
- The concept Frontier Justice
- If not me, then who?
- much more
Wringing Of The Rag
- Monday - Issue #665: Hash rate and the halving
- Tuesday - Issue #666: The Devil walks among us
- Wednesday - Issue #667: Lightning channel breakdown
- Thursday - Issue #668: Maybe there is hope
- Friday - Issue #669: Digital scarcity can't be regained