Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
Bitcoin is free speech. This needs to be made clear to governments and regulators.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
China allegedly hacked Equifax. Assume they will target bitcoin services as well.
- KYC info
- Bitcoin and IP addresses
If you don't want the Chinese to be able to track all your past and future transactions you need to start educating yourself: btcprivacy.org.
Whiskey fueled discussion of the topics every week on Rabbit Hole Recap
- Bitcoin Optech #83
- Dropbit CEO arrested for running a custodial mixing service called Helix and a dark market search engine called Grams
- Non-custodial cryptocurrency mixer developers are not subject to U.S. regulation
- Self payments lightning privacy proposal
- Coldcard releases PSBT Faker tool for testing
- Tor Browser v9.0.5
- Tails v4.3
- Wasabi implements Apple Code Sign
- Escher App demos paying any lightning invoice with your connected bank account
- Liquid support on Bisq goes live
- Anon submits Taproot critique to mailing list
- Chainalysis has been paid over $10M by US gov agencies
- A world without bitcoin thought experiment by Alex Gladstein
- US Federal Budget Proposal Mentions More Cryptocurrency regulation and enforcement
- Trump admin to introduce new FinCEN requirements
- Redditor posts alleged IRS audit request
- If US Marshals never sold seized bitcoin they would currently be worth over $1.8B
- Casa releases home defense primer
- CNBC clip
- Coronavirus Close Contact app
- CIA owned encryption company facilitated global spying for decades
- The Chinese Gov allegedly hacked Equifax
- Yandex facial recognition tool
- FTX launches US elections futures markets for top 6 candidates
- Whit buying the 2017 top
- Why he decided to focus on mining
- Mining hardware + energy dynamics
- What's going to happen after the halving?
- Is the US turning into the USSR?
- Social credit
- LN Strike
- Lessons learned while building Zap + Olympus
- Lightning Privacy
- Lightning for exchanges
Wringing Of The Rag
- Monday - Issue #670: A Taproot critique emerges
- Tuesday - Issue #671: This is what Bitcoin is about
- Wednesday - Issue #672: Brendan's 🔥 threads are back!
- Thursday - Issue #673: The battle is well under way
- Friday - Issue #674: Bitcoin is a communications protocol