Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
They locked you down. They forced you to stay home from work. They won’t let you open your business. They’re about to try to ban self-custody of your bitcoin. Are you free or are you a docile subject?
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
Those surprised by the recently proposed heavy-handed and burdensome stablecoin bill in US Congress have not been paying attention.
This is why prioritizing decentralization is important.
This is why using your own node must remain easy and accessible while being able to run them privately through Tor.
This is why bitcoin exists and continues to accrue value.
- Bitcoin Optech #126
- Fresh set of ledger phishing scams sent out
- Blackrock CEO Larry Fink on bitcoin
- Bloomberg: Bitcoin Is Winning the Covid-19 Monetary Revolution
- Potential rushed self custody restrictions via Brian Armstrong
- CCP was the Plus Token Whale
- Bitcoin Beach balls out
- BTCPay Server v220.127.116.11
- JoinMarket v0.8.0
- JoininBox v0.1.15
- RaspiBlitz v1.6.2
- MyNode v0.2.19
- Sparrow Wallet v0.9.8
- Nunchuk v0.9.3
- Samourai Wallet v0.99.96
- BlueWallet v5.6.7
- PSBT Toolkit v0.1.2
- New version of nthKey
- Specter DIY now offered prebuilt
- Guggenheim fund may invest in bitcoin
- AllianceBernstein likes bitcoin now
- BitMEX hires heavy hitter German CEO
- OTC volumes hit new records
- This Month in Bitcoin Privacy
- Brink announces first fellow, Gloria Zhao
- Gemini announces bitcoin development "Opportunity Fund"
- The Fiat Standard
- Principles of Economics
- The University system
- "The Science"
- Lockdown hysteria
- Unexpected externalities from lockdowns
Wringing of the Rag
- Monday - Issue #877: Counter-party risk, trust minimization, and the Lightning Network
- Tuesday - Issue #878: An Arsonist is back to restore the American Dream by turning it into a Woke Nightmare
- Wednesday - Issue #879: Nocoiner salt on the rise
- Thursday - Issue #880: The world discovers better money
- Friday - Issue #881: The miserable fiat shills are at it again