Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
Bitcoin doesn’t know what you’re using Bitcoin for.
Thought of the week from Matt Odell:
Attacks against bitcoin users, businesses, and infrastructure by major world governments should be expected. They should also be in the threat model of any other network that dreams of competing with bitcoin.
Naivety is a liability in this industry. Expect the worst. Prepare accordingly.
- Bottle Pay shuts down rather than implement KYC per upcoming AMLD5 regulation
- Jill Carlson on censorship resistance
- SquareCrypto gives grant to a pseudonym bitcoin dev ZmnSCPxj
- Bakkt adds options product in US and cash settled futures in Singapore
- ACINQ launches Phoenix Lightning wallet on android
- Malicious relays on the tor network
- Twitter funding small team to develop a more open platform
- War on cash escalates in Greece and Italy
- Amazon Ring cameras compromised due to weak passwords
- More than 260k documents leaked by sprint contractor
- Being a Surface Warfare Officer
- How the Navy teaches you to think
- How Bitcoin may be better at spreading democracy than military might
- Self custody your own data
- Bitcoin and the Constitution
- Nuclear deescalation via Bitcoin mining
- How should States lean in to Bitcoin?
- much more