Thought of the week from Marty Bent:
Three letter agencies are enemies of the American people.
Thought of the week from ODELL:
It is great that many are skeptical of Binance. Users should not trust custodians and should withdraw bitcoin from all custodians ASAP. That said, do not let Binance concerns distract us from the fact that Barry Silbert still owes Gemini users $900M. Gemini Earn withdrawals have been frozen for over a month.
Gemini is one of the most regulated exchanges in the world. Digital Currency Group is one of the most regulated bitcoin holding companies in the world. Retail was told they were the safe option. Meanwhile, withdrawals remain frozen for Gemini Earn users and Barry Silbert still owes them $900M.
The cause of these issues is not lack of regulation but rather lack of user education. Bitcoin held on exchanges are often frozen, lost, or stolen. Learn how to hold bitcoin yourself.
- Bitcoin Optech #230
- European Union Will Force Cryptocurrency Companies to Report European Users’ Holdings to Authorities
- SBF Secretly Funded 'The Block' News Organization: CEO Michael McCaffrey Used Alameda Money to Buy Out Other Investors, Becoming the Majority Shareholder Himself
- Coinbase Received 12320 Government Demands for Customer Info This Year: Up 66% From Last Year
- Sam Bankman-Fried Arrested in the Bahamas: US Gov Filed Criminal Charges and Will Likely Seek Extradition
- The Digital Asset Anti-Money Laundering Act Announced Today in US Senate: Requires Devs to Register Identity and Obtain a License, Censor and Surveil Users, Bans Privacy Tools
- BTCPay Server v1.7.2: Greenfield API Improvements, Theme Extensions, and Bug Fixes
- LDK v0.0.113: API Updates and Bug Fixes
Wringing of the Rag
- Monday - Issue #1291: Breakaway interest payments
- Tuesday - Issue #1292: Perfectly Perverse Incentives
- Wednesday - Issue #1293: Replit + Lighting could open the floodgates to app building
- Thursday -
- Friday -